14:00 Active Interfaces: Large-scale PV Integration into Urban Renewal Processes
Chair: Stephen Wittkopf, University of Lucerne, Switzerland
- Trends in the PV module manufacturing, mainstream and building integration
- New product developments
- The challenges of market penetration for new solutions
Christophe Ballif, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Solar electricity potential of BIPV in urban areas
- Architectural design issues: case studies in the City of Neuchâtel
- Three refurbishment scenarios: conservation, renovation, transformation
Emmanuel Rey, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Inquiry into German and Swiss residential real estate owners’ preferences for BIPV
- Findings for architects, installers and the building industry as a whole
- The role of aesthetics, social status, attitudinal, behavioral and demographic factors
Hans Christoph Curtius, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Technology readiness levels: what is there, what is needed
- The role of design versus efficiency
- National and international case studies
Christian Roeske, University of Lucerne, Switzerland
- What do architects want?
- Which PV modules are available?
- Which projects have been built?
Stephen Wittkopf, Üserhhus, Switzerland
15:30 Coffee Break