Call for Papers and Call for Session Topics
18th International Advanced Building Skins Conference & Expo
30-31 October 2023, Bern, Switzerland
We are inviting you to either:
- present a paper on a topic falling within the scope of the conference;
- and/or to organise a session with 6-7 speakers.
You will find the list of conference topics here.
- Proposals should be sharply focused and avoid an introduction to the topic or a description of your organization.
- Proposals should include the following information:
- paper title plus 3 bullet points
- author’s and co-author’s names
- phone number, email address and postal address
- synopsis (3,000 characters) with 6 keywords
- Bullet points are 30-50 characters long, see the samples of appropriate bullet points; do not use words like Introduction, Results or Conclusions as bullet points.
- Submit your proposal by 28 February via our submission page.
A session proposal consists of 6-7 speakers. Organizers of a session undertake to:
- specify a topic
- assemble 6-7 speakers
- attend the conference and chair the session.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- the Chair’s name, job title and organization
- email addresses and phone numbers of speakers
- the title of the session
- title and 3 bullet points of each presentation
- synopsis of 3,000 characters
- brief Curriculum Vitae or résumé on page two of your proposal.
Speakers must come from different organizations, i.e. only one speaker representing a particular company is allowed.
Sessions are 90 minutes long and should contain a mix of architects, engineers, planners, building owners/developers, manufacturers and representatives from the construction (façade) companies who will present their points of views on a specific project.
Session proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February. You can download the template for your session proposal here.
The Conference Committee will review your proposal. Submitters will be notified by 31 March regarding the status of their proposal.
Speakers are required to register for the conference by 30 April to qualify for the reduced conference fee of 540 EUR (regular fee is 680 EUR). The registration fee includes lunch and coffee breaks, live stream of the presentation and the publication of manuscripts in the conference documentation. Full papers received by 31 August will be included in the conference documentation.
| || |
AeV Architetti, Rome, Italy
University of Canberra, Australia
Director AE7, Dubai
HOK Los Angeles, USA
University of Texas at Austin, USA
Director, Fraunhofer ISE, Germany
Advanced Building Skins Ltd Lucerne, Switzerland
University of Science & Technology Beijing
arconsol, Linz, Austria
University of Innsbruck, Austria
Politecnico di Milano, Italy
European Academy, Bolzano, Italy
Prof. Emeritus, Kogakuin University, Tokyo, Japan
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland